Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Hobbit and other tales

So, the kids are back in school again (well, there's Peregrin at home, and Gabe's only half day, but you know, *mostly* in school) so I'm finding myself getting back to a somewhat schedule.

Yesterday I sent out my last shipment for The Hobbit yarn club.  I immensely enjoyed being able to re-read through the story and get a little lost in inspiration as I would sit down to research colorways for the club.  I'm a little sad to see it go, but I have a feeling that some Hobbit colorways might show themselves as I do some new dyeing and re-stocking in the upcoming months.  There's just far too many good things and concepts to let things go so easily.  The club colorways were exclusive though, so those will not be reproduced for my shop.

Thank you to all who joined in for the club, and I hope you enjoy knitting your Hobbity yarn! I have already used the first month's colorway to knit myself some socks in the Aragorn pattern.  It is an amazing pattern, with beautiful columns and cables and looks so much more intricate than it really is to knit. Here are my Aragorn socks, knit in Little Owl Organic in the Hobbit colorway, Gandalf, Goblins, & the Misty Mountains.




No comments:

Post a Comment